Unfortunately, the terms “how to prevent world anhilation by giant squidforms- fuck! I told you to bar the fucking door, you moron! Use your fucking brain! They are squids, it can’t be so hard to—-” did not produce any conclusive results. We hope that these randomly retrieved entries may be of assistance.
1. wiz. A gyrating amalgamation of kinetic energy that resides at the core of every major wind. Under normal circumstances, a wind heart is all but invisible and mostly intangible, but sudden state changes such as fits of anger or dramatic changes in mood may reveal its approximate position. It is said that the wind will obey every wish and command of the one who posses their heart, although this piece of information is more likely to be the result of fairy tales and philosophic lectios.
To have a wind’s heart. Refers to an individual who has the tendency of hiding their own feelings and emotions. ‘He has a wind’s heart, but he would do anything for his friends.’
To be wind-hearted. Of fickle disposition, prone to mood swings. ‘She is so wind-hearted, I can never tell what mood I’ll find her in.’
1. wiz. comp. Residual cosmos that sometimes remains after a failed compelling attempt, known to leak into nearby unattended objects and animate them to life. Several attempts have been made by various arcane practitioners to establish communication with said objects, mostly to no avail. The only recorded instance of anything resembling success in this matter can be traced back to Arch-Animist Phibianos, who had a brief exchange with his teak chair after a compelling attempt gone wrong. The transcript of the event goes as follows: ‘muffled’ “Get your stinky ass off of my face!” Whether this was an actual case of strange voltage or the delayed awakening of the teak tree the chair was made of is still a source of debate.
2. sit. An awkward or uncanny situation. A strange voltage fell on the room after the wizard left.
Stranger Voltages: A Look into Acosmological Compelling
‘Rise and walk!’ said the Drunk Druid: On Crossreferential Life Patterns and Late Awakenings
1. theat. antiq. Scene or event around which a whole narrative or play revolves and from which all character interaction and development ultimately stems. Said event can be located in the narrative past, present or future, but all actions must be traceable back to it in one way or another. Ancient playwright and part-time worm tamer Fronteima commited himself to this technique to such an extent that he is believed to have learned timeshifting in order to arrange his life according to the principles of the Drama Key. The chronopatterns that resulted from this exercise of temporal elasticity would go on to become the first case of true, albeit momentary, ubiquitiousness known to have manifested itself through a human being.
2. retho. antiq. Moment, concept, event, notion, feeling or emotion that triggers a response in a person or group of people. The concept of the Drama Key was abandoned at the end of the Existential Wars, when the appearance of the Paranoid Profusion rendered the notion effectively useless for manipulation purposes.